Thursday, September 27, 2012

~ When I Said I Do...Letter To Roberto ~


"When I said I do, I meant that I will 'til the end of all time, be faithful & true, devoted to you, that's what I had in mind when I said I do." Clint Black...  This is one of our songs...
 Today I am celebrating four years with my Roberto! You, Robert Fulton Scarborough are the best decision I've ever made, (only second to deciding to follow Christ.)
I am FAR from being the perfect woman, wife or friend! To this day, I'm still not sure why God blessed me so much...He must really love me!! It isn't because I am deserving or because I've been wise...
I can always count on you to fix things that need to be fixed & to try to fix everything I don't want you to fix! :) I love you! You are my "Boss Man!"
Thank-you for ALWAYS being on my side but for not being afraid to tell me when you think I'm wrong or am just being a brat! Thank-you for loving a woman who has been told she is full of piss & vinegar! Thank-you for loving me but most importantly, for loving God more!
We are two flawed individuals whom God brought together...I love that you were barefoot!!!! :)
I love that your dad prayed over us!!!

I love that my dad read some wonderful scriptures for us to remember! 1 Cor 13:4-8

I love that I wasn't stressing about the weather, pictures, flowers or my veil...all I could think of was that I wanted to marry you & I didn't care if there was a hurricane! Turned out, we could not have asked for a more perfect day...beautiful day, (my mom said she prayed for that!) magical pictures, flowers from my mom & dad that were more beautiful than I could have ever imagined & no veil... thankfully not a bad hair day!)
I love that your sister preserved my flowers for me! I love that God blessed me with such wonderful in-laws! I love them so much!

I think it's funny that some of our first few biggest arguments were over the Nancy Grace Show! I couldn't believe how inevitably you would take the side of the one who in my mind, seemed so obviously guilty! Gosh darn it, you made me so mad!!! Then when I read 2 Tim 2:23-24 " But avoid foolish & ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife; A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, be patient." 
I knew I could not argue with you anymore, no matter how wrong I thought you were!!! That kinda made me mad too! :)

I love that as hard as I tried to prove I did not need to be taken care of, you took care of me & you take care of me! I love that you still open my car door! I love how you make me laugh & I love when you do your"Happy Dance!"


I love how when we got married, you adopted my 5 dogs & treated them like your babies!

I love your gentleness & your integrity. I once lived in a house with broken down doors & holes in the walls...now it is a peaceful home with beautifully painted walls, gardens & a pond. Thank-you for always being patient, loving & kind & for showing me I can trust again! Most of all, for letting me see Christ through you! That has happened more times than you'll ever know!
I love how when I tell you I'm happy & love our life together you say,"It's gonna keep getting better!" ... it does!
Happy Anniversary Baby! See you in Jamaica! I Love You!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment